Friday, August 22, 2014

OAP Toolz talks about the time a guy she liked broke her heart

 
In a recent interview with Entertainment Express, radio personality Toolz talked about the time a guy she liked told her he wasn't interested in pursuing a relationship with her. What she said below...
"There was this guy I met during my final year at the University. He had just moved from Houston and didn't know a lot of people in London and after a few random conversation about course work, he asked me out. Our first date was amazing and after about a month of seeing each other a few times a week, I was almost certain he was "the one". After dancing around the issue for a week or two, I was finally brave enough to bring up the "where are we" issue. His exact words were "I really like you Tolu, but I'm not looking for a relationship right now". I had to take a moment to mentally pick up the fragments of my broken heart, then I smiled at him and said "No worries, it's okay"
What is the biggest lesson you have learnt from heartbreaks?
"I did learn a valuable lesson from this. One of the worst things you can do in life is to lie toyourself and potentially rob yourself of what you truly deserve. Whether it be a relationship, a job, whatever situation it is, do your best to be honest with yourself. If a situation isn't giving you what you need, don't fool yourself. Have enough self respect to say " I am not getting what I want from this situation and I honestly won't be able to settle" she said

No comments:

Post a Comment